发布日期：2019-11-08 10:11:21 来源：四川中公考研
91. Recently, there have been some imaginative attempts to make polycrystalline and ribbon silicon which are lower in cost than high-quality single crystals but to date the efficiencies of these apparently lower-cost materials have been unacceptably small.
92. Although many scientists were aware of the very low cost of amorphous solar cells, they felt that they could never be manufactured with the efficiencies necessary to contribute significantly to the demand for electric power.
93. Already, solar cells with efficiencies well above 6 percent have been developed using amorphous materials, and further research will doubtlessly find even less costly amorphous materials with higher efficiencies.
94. This imaginary task gives some idea of the challenge facing biologists in the United States and elsewhere as they embark on a monumental project: deciphering all the coded information in the human genome, all the genes in a human cell.
95. They predict that a complete understanding of the human genetic code would provide untold benefits for humanity, for example, those abilities to diagnose, cure, and eventually prevent many diseases caused by faulty genes.
96. Not only has the Government refused to consult with the people of Australia on this issue of prohibition of free communication between individuals, they have also refused to consult with industry, and ignored all technical evidence and reports on the issues.
97. And not only is it technically impossible to censor current content of the Internet, but the Internet is set to explode exponentially in the indefinite future, with there being literally millions of changes and additions to web content on a daily basis.
98. In order to make economic development agreements more attractive to investors, some developing countries have attempted to strengthen the security of such agreements, specifying that the agreements will be governed by “general principles of law recognized by civilized nations"&mdasha set of legal principles or rules shared by the world’s major legal systems.
99. Moreover, even in the case of administrative contracts, French law requires that in the event that the government modifies the terms of the contract on its own side, it must compensate the contractor for any increased burden resulting from the government’s action.
100. In both the United States and the United Kingdom, government contracts are governed by the ordinary law of contracts, with the result that the government can reserve the power to modify or terminate a contract on its own side only by writing such power into the contract.